Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MS Ophthalmology with 13 years of surgical expereince
25407765

I have one bloodshot eye and take Viagra. I'm 82 YO have taken

Customer Question

I have one bloodshot eye and take Viagra. I'm 82 YO have taken it before, intermitantly. Any real problems?
JA: The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: What info would you like? Blood pressure 140X76, does that help?
JA: Anything else I can tell the Doctor before I connect you two?
Customer: Don't think so and thank you
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. A.S. Desai replied 7 months ago.
Hello,A sudden painless bloodshot eye is very likely to be due to a sub conjunctival hemorrhage or SCH. It is due to ruptue of a small blood vessel in the white part of the eye . This can happen due to sudden bout of coughing or forceful sneezing / subtle trauma or even spontaneously without any apparent reason also. Usually it resolves naturally without any treatment over 7 to 10 days .For soothing effect lubricating eye drops can be put , 1 drop 4 times a day.In case there are other eye symptoms such as pain/ watering or discharge/ reduced vision then do get the eye ecamined by an ophthalmologist for a closer look.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thank you. There are no extra symptoms.
Ok that's great. I guess observation should suffice.Thank you and best wishesDo let me know if you have additional queries in this regard.If you have found the answer to be upto to your satisfaction then do rate it positively.