Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

My name is ***** ***** I've been having hives while retaining

Customer Question

My name is ***** ***** I've been having hives while retaining fluid and today I noticed my eyes appear to be glassy? I have autoimmune issues and don't know if this is related or cause for alarm
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have a strong family hx of autoimmune disease. I have had trigeminal neuralgia (cured now after MVD surgery), tenosynovitis, hypertension, Sicca syndrome, Barrett's esphogaus, levito rectilarious, Raynauds, heat/cold intolerance, etc.. Lupus Ana is always negative but double DNA was 14. I was told I have mixed connective tissue disease and then told I didn't have it. Very frustrated and worried
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Eye Doctors generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 7 months ago.
Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with premium services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.As long as your vision is OK and you are not having any discomfort this is nothing to worry about.I suggest you use some artificial tears to lubricate and sooth your eyes. There are many brand names available such as bion tears, artificial tears etc and any of them will work just fine.Does this make sense to you?It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me. Dr. Rick MD FACS