How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr Stan Your Own Question
Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor
Category: Eye
Satisfied Customers: 1393
Experience:  Physician at Stanley L Simpson, DO
Type Your Eye Question Here...
Dr Stan is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Pat age 71. Had cataract surgery avfew yrs ago both eyes. I

Customer Question

Pat age 71. Had cataract surgery avfew yrs ago both eyes. I have been seeing yellow shaps lately
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Yes if i look down or at things these there realy not spots but moe like blurs
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Eye Doctors generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 11 months ago.
Hi this is Dr Stan and I will help you with your medical problem today. It sounds like you are describing what are called "Floaters." This can be a normal occurrence but if you also have bright flashes of light you need to see an Opthamologist right away to evaluate for retinal detachment. Even if you don't have these bright light flashes, you should follow up with your eye doctor yearly. I hope I have answered your question, but should you have more, please ask. Thank you for allowing me to assist you today.