Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Experience:  Medical Doctor Trained at a Top Academic Institution

After having both eyes having cataracts removed successfully,

Customer Question

After having both eyes having cataracts removed successfully, I was proscribed Neolol Gell 0.1 percent. This was a year ago. since then I have been suffering constant tearing of both eyes, for which I was proscribed artificial tears, Systane, having been told that this was the treatment for "dry eyes". The use of the Neolol gell, blurred my vision on and off, and the Systane did not help. The doctor checked to see if my tear ducts were clogged. They are not. He then tried every artificialo tears on the market. No improvement.
In desperation, I have tried now for a week withuot the gell and only used the Systane. the improvement was remarkable, even seeing better, but I am afraid of getting glaucoma.
What to do? thankyou, Victor Leveson
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 6 months ago.
Thanks for this questionThen you should make sure you stop the dropsI have no concerns about glaucomaJust get the eyes checked frequentlylet me know if you have other questions.if done for now, please leave a positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me with "a question for Dr. Phil" in the medicine, cardiology or pharmacy categories if you have any other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me again: for using
I opened the rating system for you to reviewI only receive credit with 3 starts or above.If you have more questions, just reply. :)
Please don't forget a positive rating. I appreciate it.If you have more questions, just reply :)