Dr. Thomas, MD
Dr. Thomas, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, also Integrative, CAM, etc

I have and ulcer on the white part of my eye, it is bleeding

Customer Question

I have and ulcer on the white part of my eye, it is bleeding in my eye, how serious is this. I have no idea how I got it. My eyes feel dry.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have had it for two weeks, my eye was bloody red on thr white outside. I just saw the ulcer, a nurse tod me that was what was bleeding.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Eye Doctors generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 6 months ago.
HelloScleritis with ulceration is potentially serious.Beyond mere infection, it can be associated with many autoimmune diseases of the body.You need to go to the ER, and arrange follow up with an opthalmologist and internal medicine doctor.A picture here would be helpful. OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.