Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

I been noticing yellow tint looking noticeable when looking

Customer Question

I been noticing yellow tint looking noticeable when looking at things with white background. I went to retina specialist. They didn't see anything that was bad but still don't have reason.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 7 months ago.
Hello!Do you take Digoxin by any chance?Seeing a yellow tinge is a side effect of that medication...Let me know...How long have you noticed this symptom??I will get back with you after you reply .Best regards !Anthony Bray MD
Customer: replied 7 months ago.

I don't. This been going on since January.

Ok do you take any medications?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.

No

Hello again...Ok then I am not sure of your cause.. I would check a metabolic profile to screen for potential connection ...? I'm going to opt out of this question which will place it up for other experts to review ...Hopefully an expert may find your question and have better idea on your symptom at this point....You need not reply back...As this is not a very common symptom it may take a bit of time ...Other doctors on this site will have oppotunity to look at your question as I opt out here ..Best regards,Anthony Bray MD
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 7 months ago.
Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with premium services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.How old are you?How long has this been going on?What is your best corrected visual acuity?Is this present all the time?Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.

Since January. I'm 38, I see 20/20.yes, more noticeable when viewing stuff that's on a white background like reading, etc. Even the eye chart

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 7 months ago.
You condition, especially if it can not be linked to a medication you are on, an issue with your retina or any other physical problems with your eyes is going to be pretty difficult to figure out.It might be due to higher order aberrations in your cornea or maybe even neurological issues in your visual cortex/neural pathways.The best place to get these sorts of things figured out would be at a large University Teaching Hospital. At an institution like that you could be evaluated and treated by a team of sub-specialists who are at the cutting edge of their respective fields. The best thing about these large teaching hospitals is that consultations are available with Professors and leaders in their field by just walking a few steps down the hall.The Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota is an excellent example of just such a place as this. That being said there are many excellent teaching hospitals all across the country and I am sure that there is one near you.Does this make sense to you?I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned the top rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.Thanks in advance,Dr. Rick MD FACS
Customer: replied 7 months ago.

so these special area hospitals have better equipment to detect issues that my regular retina specialist cant?

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 7 months ago.
Yes, they sure do. Over the last two+ decades of practice as a retina specialist I have sent a number of patient to my local University Ophthalmology Department for advanced, specialized testing with equipment and expertise that I don't have at hand.Make sense?See the pretty Excellent feedback button? Don't be afraid. Give it a little push. You'll like it.....Trust me, I'm a Doctor ;) I am happy to be able to help you today. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the excellent feedback button for this encounter. And, don’t forget, I work for tips. I would also be happy to continue to answer any more questions you have until we have resolved your concern. Dr. Rick MD FACS