Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

I was at retina specialist and doc saw some bear tracks in

Customer Question

I was at retina specialist and doc saw some bear tracks in one eye and she said I should get colonoscopy because of these. I read mixed things on internet saying bear tracks can be associated with colon disease and others saying they are not, but another type of lesion. I did take a pic of the scan if you want to take a look.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 9 months ago.
Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with premium services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.I am a retina specialist.I would be happy to review your scanBut, in truth, I agree: If you have bear tracks then a colonoscopy would be a good idea.Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

I take blood pressure medication

Here is the scan that they took.

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 9 months ago.
Thank you for the picture.Yup. Those are bear tracks.The medical name for these is Congenital hypertrophy of the retinal pigmented epithelium or, for short, CHRPE.And, yes, you should get evaluated by a GI doctor.Does this make sense to you?I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you can please give me the top rating in all areas. It has been a pleasure to assist you today.Thanks in advance,Dr. Rick MD FACS
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

yeah it does, please give me diagnosis code for this so I can let my primary doctor know, cause I doubt they even know.

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 9 months ago.
The ICD10 code is H35.52Although is not something that your primary care MD would deal with or ever code in her practice.See the pretty Excellent feedback button? Don't be afraid. Give it a little push. You'll like it.....Trust me, I'm a Doctor ;) I am happy to be able to help you today. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the excellent feedback button for this encounter. And, don’t forget, I work for tips. I would also be happy to continue to answer any more questions you have until we have resolved your concern.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

the retina doctor to go to my primary doctor to get the referal and the gastro needs a diagnosis code to see me.

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 9 months ago.
Weird way to do a referral.......but in any event the diagnosis code is above......Best of luck to you.See the pretty Excellent feedback button? Don't be afraid. Give it a little push. You'll like it.....Trust me, I'm a Doctor ;) I am happy to be able to help you today. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the excellent feedback button for this encounter. And, don’t forget, I work for tips. I would also be happy to continue to answer any more questions you have until we have resolved your concern. Dr. Rick MD FACS