Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology

And I have floaters and eye sparkles often. I

Customer Question

***** *****, and I have floaters and eye sparkles often. I was wondering what it could be because I recently went to see a eye doctor and it isn't retinal detachment, but it still has me uneasy. I am about to get corrective lenses at well
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have had more floaters of late in my left eye and also sparks in my eyes have increased too. Like little flashes of light in areas that are brightly lit
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Eye Doctors generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 6 months ago.
HelloThese are normal in near sighted people.If your opthalmologist cleared you, there is not a concern. OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Expert:  Dr. Dan B. replied 6 months ago.
Hi--I'm an ophthalmologist. Thanks for requesting my services. I am well-versed in your symptoms and see this in my clinic on a regular basis. Was the eye doctor that you saw an optometrist (O.D.--prescribes glasses/contacts) or an ophthalmologist (M.D.)? Is your question regarding whether the increased floaters and sparkles in your eye means something else serious is going on or whether you're still at risk for a retinal detachment?