Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

I got a little bit of liquid chlorine in my eye and my vision

Customer Question

I got a little bit of liquid chlorine in my eye and my vision is kinda blurry in that eye and also it kinda feels like theres either something on it or its scratched but i was wo W
JA: Keeping an eye on your eyes' health is important - for most people vision is their most valued sense. Our Expert will help you with which sort of vision doctor you should visit. Please give me a bit more information, so the Opthamologist can help you best.
JA: Anything else I can tell the Opthamologist before I connect you two?
Customer: I am wondering if ive damaged my eye i wear glasses and it hurts my eye to focus
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Opthamologist about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 8 months ago.
Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with premium services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.You should have rinsed your eye out for at least 15 minutes with clean, flowing water.If you had soft contacts in, take them out and throw them away. Hard contacts can be cleaned.You might have a corneal abrasion from the bleach. Use cold compresses and put a lubricating ointment such as lacrilube or refresh PM in your eye.You should be better in 24 hours and suffer no long term problems.Does this make sense to you?It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me. Dr. Rick MD FACS