Dr. Abid
Dr. Abid, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS(R)
16766337

A few days ago, I found a small lump under my chin,

Customer Question

A few days ago, I found a small lump under my chin, in the back, where the chin and throat meet. (Kind of in the crease.) Midline or very slightly to the right. I noticed it because I rubbed my neck absentmindedly and the lump felt mildly sore, like a swollen lymph node. But I wondered if it was too far back under the chin to be the submental nodes.
I’m also dealing with a bad acne breakout and have felt a little rundown/like I'm coming down with a flu-like illness all week. Could this be a node? It’s round, small and smooth. Not visible to the naked eye and not easy to feel unless you’re pressing with the fingertips a little, if that makes sense. (In other words, it’s not very pronounced.) My lymph nodes do tend to swell a little anytime I’m fighting a virus or infection, but I’ve never had one in this spot that I’ve noticed.
Thanks so much for your response.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 8 months ago.
Hi there ...Thank you for the question ....This seems to be submental lymph node which is often common finding in flu like illness .This single tender node indicates inflammation in its drainage area , this shouldn't be taken seriously and will go away gradually .Do not worry .Regards ***** ***** luck .Please leave positive feedback for me .Thanks .