Dr. Frank
Dr. Frank, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Neurologist/Internist with academic and clinical experience.
64994909

Flashing movement left to right in both eyes almost like look

Customer Question

Flashing movement left to right in both eyes almost like look of broken glass
JA: Keeping an eye on your eyes' health is important - for most people vision is their most valued sense. Our Expert will help you with which sort of vision doctor you should visit. Please give me a bit more information, so the Opthamologist can help you best.
Customer: What do you want to know
JA: Anything else I can tell the Opthamologist before I connect you two?
Customer: I don't think so
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Opthamologist about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 8 months ago.
Hello. Welcome to JA. How old are you? Do you have any other medical problems? The most common reason for seeing flashes of "bright light or lightening like images" in your peripheral vision is ocular migraine. The flashes are called scintillation scotoma, and they are actually electrical discharges in the occipital or visual lobe of the brain. there are other causes that are more intrinsic to the eye, such as retinal detachments, or vitreous detachments, etc. So I need more information. But if you are young, and have migraine, or a family history of migraine, then most likely this is ocular migraine. Treatment is to ignore them unless you have an accompanied headache. Get back to me to discuss this further and I will reply. Or if satisfied, please remember to rate this service by clicking on the rating stars, as that is how I am compensated for this work. Dr Frank
Please get back to me if I can help Dr Frank