Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.

I am a 70 year old female. My recent bone scan showed some

Customer Question

I am a 70 year old female. My recent bone scan showed some thinning and my doctor recommended Calcium and Vitamin D plus good food choices. I have been taking D3/5000iud, And 500mg Vitaminwater C, plus one baby aspirin. Regarding diet, I tend to be picky eater but I eat cheese, nuts (especially almonds) and drink milk every day.
In reviewing what I currently eat regularly and the vitamins I have been taking, it is possible I am already taking more than the recommended amount. I am trying to figure out what changes I should make to take a safe but effective combination of supplements. In case it makes an impact on your answer, I also take Bisoprolol for blood pressure, Hyoscyamine for IBS, Fenofibrate for high tryglicerides, Zolpidem for sleep, and Areds 2 for eye health and vitamin C.
I want to take the right supplements in the safe dosage. Your opinion?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. David replied 7 months ago.

This is Dr. David

postmenopausal women should consume 1200 mg (total diet plus supplement)

You should not consume more than 2000 mg of calcium per day (total diet plus supplement) due to the risk of side effects.

your vitamin D and vitamin C are fine

make sure you take the baby aspirin with food already in your stomach.

regular exercise like walking or light weights or light resistance can help your bones as well

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

Thanks for using