khagihara
khagihara, Doctor (non-eye specialty)
Experience:  Trained in multiple medical fields for many years.
20084961

My name is ***** *****. I was putting Clorex in the washer

Customer Question

My name is ***** *****. I was putting Clorex in the washer and the bottle slipped and some got in my eyes. I immediately flushed them out and put some Advanced Visine Advanced eye moisturize in them. It has been about 15 minutes and my eyes aren't burning as much but they are a little blurry, maybe from all the activity. What's next?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I don't know what else to say except I can eye as well as I could before the incident. The label on the bottle came off even before it was used so I didn't have any precautions to take and I found you, thank goodness. It's scary to think about losing one's eyesight.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Eye Doctors generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Eye
Expert:  khagihara replied 12 months ago.

You should repeat wash with tap water for 15 minutes two more times and you should go to the ER.