Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

I got discharged from pain management thcin my system of was

Customer Question

JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I got discharged from pain management for having thcin my system of was at 116 I took it in tea form hoping it would help my eyesore I also have muitlfocal chorditis of my eyes
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Doctors generally expect a deposit of about $34 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Eye
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had thc in my system the urine teat read 116. I do not smoke. I grounded it up and made a tea and used peppermimt tea as flavoring. My doctor called and dropped me and said she would refer me to pain management she was my gp doctor.she said she could prescribe my pain meds anymore I'm scared what happen next I'm not some drug seeker she's been my doc for 3 years and this is the first time I've had a bad test. I really thought form reading articles that there was some benfits to the for eye health and prevent blindness.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just send me a text message sorry hit the wrong button
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with premium services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

What is your question that I can help you with?

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I got discharged from pain management for having thc. I took it in tea form hoping it would help my eyesore. I also have muitlfocal chorditis of my eyes.I had thc in my system the urine teat read 116. I do not smoke. I grounded it up and made a tea and used peppermimt tea as flavoring. My doctor called and dropped me and said she would refer me to pain management she was my gp doctor.she said she could prescribe my pain meds anymore I'm scared what happen next I'm not some drug seeker she's been my doc for 3 years and this is the first time I've had a bad test. I really thought form reading articles that there was some benfits to the for eye health and prevert blindness.
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for that additional information.

As a retina specialist I have a number of patients with multifocal choroiditis and, unfortunately, there is no documented benefit in patients with multifocal choroiditis who use THC.

Of course, your GP is within her rights to drop you and refer you to a pain management specialist for all your future prescriptions.

It probably would have been a good idea to explain to your doctor why you wanted to use THC and make sure she was OK with that plan before you went down that road.

So. At this point what can you do?

Contact a different pain management MD.

Does this make sense to you?

I realize that this was not the answer you were hoping to hear but it would be unfair to you and unprofessional of me were I provide you with anything less than truthful and honest information.

Surely, you prefer that I tell the truth rather than what you wish to hear. Because it reflects very poorly on me unless you press one of the top three feedback choices, keep this in mind when rating my answer and please do not punish me for being honest. I understand that this may not be easy to hear, and I empathize.

Even though my answer was not quite what you were hoping for, please understand that my priority was to provide you with the most honest information. With that in consideration, I hope that you found my answer useful. Please click the excellent feedback button so that I can receive credit for my efforts.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will I be red flagged I've been online looking at this stuff. I'm I in trouble I have a clear record.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She just said she couldn't treat me using pain meds anymore and said she'd refer me to pm. I'm just scared I truly thought it would be beneficial