Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

My 13 yr old son got t in the eye with a soccer ball tonight

Customer Question

My 13 yr old son got hit in the eye with a soccer ball tonight and is seeing a black dot. On the way home car lights passing by us hurt his eyes He says the black dot is fading
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Opthamologist should know?
Customer: Hurts with bright light
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Opthamologist about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 8 months ago.

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with premium services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

He really needs to see an ophthalmologist right away this morning.

He, at the very least, has some inflammation inside his eye (anterior uveitis) and possibly some bleeding inside his eye (micro hyphema).

He may also have had damage to structures inside his eye (iris, retina etc)

A visit to the ER will only really be useful if there is an ophthalmologist who can come and see him.

Does this make sense to you?

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS