Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology
36528250

I have conjunctivitis after a trip to Qatar. I am on floxin

Customer Question

I have conjunctivitis after a trip to Qatar. I am on floxin eye drops but was wondering if there are any unusual infections that I could have been exposed to there.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: inflammed, mildly painful lids and conjunctiva. No fever or other respiratory symptoms. Present now a total of 2 weeks. On drops 48 hours and may be improving some.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Eye Doctors generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Eye
Expert:  khagihara replied 8 months ago.

How old are you? Are you a male or a female? How tall are you? How much do you weigh? Any weight change? One eye or both eyes? Do you have discharge? itch? Vision problem? If so, what is it like? Does anyone around you have similar problem? Any other symptoms? Are you aware of anything which might have triggered it? Any medical problems? Any surgeries? Any other medications including over-the-counter pills and herbs? Any family medical history?

Can you attach the photos here? Did you see an eye doctor?