Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology

My optician tells me that my natural lens has brownish

Customer Question

My optician tells me that my natural lens has brownish discoloration like tobacco smoke/nicotine staining and is a sign of impending cataract formation. Is this correct?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: No not really. Went for an eye test because I felt vision in one or both eyes had changed since taking medications for heart failure and undergoing open heart surgery for mitral valve repair
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Eye Doctors generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 7 months ago.

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with premium services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

How old are you?

What vision problems do you have?

What is your best corrected vision in the affected eye?

Has your glasses changed a lot recently?

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.