Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MS Ophthalmology with 13 years of surgical expereince
25407765

Seeing a ripple like something in left eye, started with a

Customer Question

seeing a ripple like something in left eye
JA: Keeping an eye on your eyes' health is important - for most people vision is their most valued sense. Our Expert will help you with which sort of vision doctor you should visit. Please give me a bit more information, so the Opthamologist can help you best.
Customer: started with a very small triangular area in vision field which expanded in left eye. lasted about 10-15 minutes. but became like the edge of a ripple or wave to the outside of the left eye field of sight
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Opthamologist should know?
Customer: nope just weird, saw opthamologist a couple of weeks ago, all ok, were tracking some age related cataract issues but nothing more.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Opthamologist about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. A.S. Desai replied 8 months ago.
Hello,Thank you for the question.You are most likely to be experiencing an episode of fortification spectrum of migraine. The exact cause for such a visual symptom is not known but is said to occur due to certain vascular changes in the brain. Such a migraine may or may not be associated with headache. There is no specific treatment for this phenomenon but recurrent episodes can be given migraine prophylaxis.
Thank you and best wishes.