Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest

I have shingles on my face and in my scalp, my eyelids and

Customer Question

Hi I have shingles on my face and in my scalp, my eyelids and under my eyes. I really need to wash my hair, what is safe to use to do this?
JA: Keeping an eye on your eyes' health is important - for most people vision is their most valued sense. Our Expert will help you with which sort of vision doctor you should visit. Please give me a bit more information, so the Opthamologist can help you best.
Customer: Treatment is xaltrex 3 x a day for 10 days and cortisone cream for skin, have been on this treatment for 3 days. Pain has lessened, redness is lightened, scabbing has begun but new blister in hairline. I am 64 yrs. old with high stress level being a caregiver to husband with Parkinson's & Dementia.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Opthamologist should know?
Customer: I am a diabetic, with a heart arythmia and several other health issues.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Opthamologist about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 7 months ago.

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with premium services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

You can wash your hair as you normally would. The shingles will not spread to other areas of your face of body due to normal just doesn't work like that ;)

It sounds like you are getting excellent treatment and your shingles outbreak is healing up as expected.

Does this make sense to you?

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS