Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

My wife from China develoved a problem when she returned

Customer Question

Hi, my wife from China develoved a problem when she returned home last March, she has the feeling of worms in her eyes , facee and throat, she has had many visits to the doctor, had three blood tests with no result, blood good, all day andnight she has beeen clearing her throat no worms.
I have read about head wworms and people suffering for years, can you help PLEASE ?
cheers mike
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 8 months ago.

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with premium services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

Has any worm or worm or egg like things been found?

If so, did you keep them as a specimen?

Why does she feel she has worms in her eyes?

Has she been evaluated by an ophthalmologist and/or a retina specialist?

How long has this been going on?

Do your wife have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
no nothing found
she has the irritation that it seems like worms moving and she swabs her eyes to help,, also in her nose and neck and has irritation in her anus
nearly a year now since she came to Australia
She takes blood thinning tablets prescribed in China for two years now
I want her to go back to her chinese diet and see if she has any allergies to western food
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
she is in a lot of discomfort and she thinks she will die
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 8 months ago.

It sounds like your wife has had everything that modern medicine has to offer to help her with this worm issue.

In almost three decades of retina practice I have personally seen two cases of worms in the eyes.

When a worm is in the eye there is, in many cases, no pain or sensation of being infested.

As hard as this may be for you to hear, from what you have posted, I have to say that this is what I believe is going on with your wife:

As much as you might not like to hear this it sounds to me like you are not actually suffering from parasitic infections -- and this is why your doctors can't find them and none of your treatments are working -- but rather you suffer from a common psychiatric condition where you BELIEVE you have parasites.

Here is a very good article from a highly respected source that you might find helpful:

http://cid.oxfordjournals.org/content/45/11/e131.full

This condition is very difficult to treat, as you might imagine.

I suggest you take your wife for a consult with a medical team and psychiatric team well versed in helping patients such as her.

Does this make sense to you?

I realize that this was not the answer you were hoping to hear but it would be unfair to you and unprofessional of me were I provide you with anything less than truthful and honest information.
Surely, you prefer that I tell the truth rather than what you wish to hear. Because it reflects very poorly on me unless you press one of the top three feedback choices, keep this in mind when rating my answer and please do not punish me for being honest. I understand that this may not be easy to hear, and I empathize.
Even though my answer was not quite what you were hoping for, please understand that my priority was to provide you with the most honest information. With that in consideration, I hope that you found my answer useful. Please click the excellent feedback button so that I can receive credit for my efforts.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
thank you for your honest response, can gluten, lactose in milk or even yeast in bread have any efect,
in China there was no milk , yeast, in their diet at all, i was there for 4 months and no bread or milk or butter, (i suffered)
I want her to go back to her chinese diet and see but she will not
cheers Mike
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 8 months ago.

Mike,

No. I do not believe that your wife's issue has anything to do with diet.

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you can please give me the top rating in all areas. It has been a pleasure to assist you today.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS

I wish your wife the very best and hope she feels better soon.