Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.

Two weeks ago I had an eye exam. Other then showing I have

Customer Question

Hi, two weeks ago I had an eye exam. Other then showing I have eye floaters and a bit of eye strain all was fine. Since then however I keep noticing my nose in my field of vision. Is this normal? Or should I would be worried? I don't know if my anxiety and teeth grinding are making me more aware or if there is a genuine problem. I am a 27 year old female. Please help?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 7 months ago.

Hi and thanks for the query.
The nose is always in the field of vision, but with time the brain learns to ignore it.

If you have started to notice it more often now, then that means you're being conscious or aware of it presence, this can happen in stress, anxiety or depression.

So, given time and alleviation of the anxiety this will go away.

Hope this helps.

Please do leave a positive rating for the service.

Best wishes.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thank you for your response. One final question the normal adult (does not suffer from anxiety, depression or stress) would you agree on a daily basis still sees their nose on Occassion? Thank you in advance for your reassurances
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Additionally can I confirm that seeing my nose is not causing any damage to my eyes or straining them?
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 7 months ago.

Thanks for the reply.

A normal adult who does not suffer from anxiety can also see their nose in their field of vision.

No, seeing your nose will not cause any straining on your eyes nor damage them.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 7 months ago.

Please do not forget to leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top right corner.

Wish you good health.