Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

I'm ***** *****. I was recently diagnosed with Type 1

Customer Question

Hi, I'm ***** *****. I was recently diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes. I'm 36 and otherwise in healthy condition. My eyesight has been a bit nearsighted for the past 6 years, bur shortly after my diagnosis my eyesight switched from nearsighted to farsighted overnight, in that I know see things far away clearly and my glasses make thing blurry and my laptop screen and close writings are now blurry, which wasn't the case before. Is this common?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Not really, I thought I expressed everything right ... but: I was recently diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes. I'm 36 and otherwise in healthy condition. My eyesight has been a bit nearsighted for the past 6 years, bur shortly after my diagnosis my eyesight switched from nearsighted to farsighted overnight, in that I know see things far away clearly and my glasses make thing blurry and my laptop screen and close writings are now blurry, which wasn't the case before. Is this common?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Eye Doctors generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. David replied 9 months ago.

This is Dr. David

yes, this is common as we all get older

you need to go back to your eye doctors and get another eye exam.

you might need a new prescription for your eye glasses.

you might even need two different lenses in one pair of eye glasses for near and far vision to help you see better.

when was your last eye exam?