Dr. Thomas, MD
Dr. Thomas, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, also Integrative, CAM, etc
24257177

I'm have sharp pains in my eye from time to time and wanting

Customer Question

Hi My name is***** have sharp pains in my eye from time to time and wanting to know which type of Doctor should I have to examine me.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I also wanted to know what could this be coming from . I work in an office setting on the computer all day. But my pain starts sometimes with a headache the in a couple of minutes my eye is blood shot red. and later the next day or so I get a sharp stabbing pain in my eye....
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Eye Doctors generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 9 months ago.

Hello

First, an opthalmologist

This is to rule out conditions such as glaucoma.

You might see your regular doctor for a referral.

It is likely eye strain, but more serious conditions must be ruled out.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.