Dr. Thomas, MD
Dr. Thomas, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, also Integrative, CAM, etc
24257177

Dr. Rick: a year, my eyes have been watering so badly that

Customer Question

Dr. Rick:
For about a year, my eyes have been watering so badly that it looks like I am crying. It is very uncomfortable and I am kind of exhausted from it. I have been to three opthomolohists, an allergist and a trim stood dr. I don't have Lupus as I was tested. I cannot find anything that brings it on. I have tried I drops and gels with no luck. I have tried steroid drops and that did not help. One Dr. Cleaned out my punctuation and they were not clogged. I did feel better for a while afterwards. The latest thing they want to try is to enlarge my puncta and put stents in till they heal. I am 56 so dry eye is possibly happening, but as I said drops of all types have not helped. The problem began regret after a dermogical treatment called dermo needling, which is a procedure done to help stimulate collagen. I remember the technician saying that she was gonna try to get close to my eyes because I do have bags. I also started using a new eye liner sold at Kohls.
I have had Botox and Restalyn treatments a few times. Not sure if this could be related but I have gone through everything that could be related.
One last thing, I have had Iritis over the years off and on. My mother has very bad arthritis and I remember a long time ago, one Dr. Thought my eye problems could be related to the Arthritis.
Any ideas?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 9 months ago.

Hi there ...

Have you been tested to rule out duct obstruction ?

Regards .

Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 9 months ago.

Hello

I see that you clearly state you have had your ducts taken care of.

Yes, this could be related to botox and other such treatments, if you are having a reaction [side effect].

In this case, it would be best to cease all such treatments for a time, and see if this has an effect.

Hopefully your allergists did testing for allergies.

And yes, it could actually be dry eye.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here