Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology
36528250

I had laser surgery small retinal tear yesterday, and it

Customer Question

I had laser surgery for a small retinal tear yesterday, and it went well. I am not seeing floaters. How long should I go before resuming my exercise of 50 minutes on the ellytical? I burn approximately 20 calories per minute with a heartrate of 80% of ***** *****.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I am an exercise junlie and want to get back at it - how long do I need to wait? Can I do something less strenuous like a power walk?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Eye Doctors generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. David replied 9 months ago.

This is Dr. David

most eye doctors will say no exercise for 2 weeks after laser retinal eye surgery.

but it can take upwards of two months for your retina to completely heal.

have you talked to your eye doctor about when you can go back to elliptical exercise.