Dr. Thomas, MD
Dr. Thomas, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, also Integrative, CAM, etc
24257177

I believe i have a scleral blister. clear fluid. bottom of

Customer Question

i believe i have a scleral blister. clear fluid. bottom of outer corner of eye.
Category: Eye
Expert:  khagihara replied 9 months ago.

It seems to be a conjunctival cyst. It would resolve on itself. If it doesn't go away, it should be excised with simple surgery.

Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 9 months ago.

Hello

Please attach a picture

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
it's about 1-2 ml of fluid. mushy, saggy, & either rests atop the waterline of my lower lid or squishes in between my lids when closed. pain behind eyeball when rotating to look into periphery. using durazol 0.05% steroid drops for 2 days. how long before it goes away? any other medicines?

This is not a cyst.

This is typically due to local allergic reaction, which can become severe.

Go to urgent care to day and have this examined.

Often a steroid is used.

OK, so that is an initial answer….

Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
we found black mold in the ac duct. i think it is that. will the steroid drops not be enough? i had uveitis in the other eye on December, why i had the drops available & why i was looking & found the mold. you can guess how much that cost, over 4 thousand, due to daily clinic visits & appt fees & medicine. & i don't have funds to do urgent care. will the medicine i mentioned help?

Sometimes an oral steroid taper is needed, and should be done promptly to protect the eye.

We do not replace a doctors visit and exam.

No gaurantee the drops would be enough.

please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.