Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

I have 3 -5 bowel movements every morning. They are usually

Customer Question

I have 3 -5 bowel movements every morning. They are usually very soft stools and at times with mucus, abdominal pain and cramping and rectal pain. This has been going on for many years now. Been tested for Celiac which came back negative.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: At times it is extremely painful. I usually have to go straight to the toilet as soon as I open my eyes in the morning.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Doctors generally expect a deposit of about $34 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Eye
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Also tend to have a burning sensation in intestines throughout the day.
Have tested positive for H.Pylori and just finished 4th treatment with Pylera.
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 9 months ago.

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with additional services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

How old are you?

M/F?

How many years has this been going on?

What are your bowel habits during the rest of the day and night?

What tests have you had done and what did they find?

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
35, Female, its been going on for about 3 years. Sometimes I have a bowel movement in the evening and at times I strain, painful and rectal bleeding. I've had a colonoscopy about 5 years ago, all clear. Two endoscopies within last 3 years. Last one was in October 2015 found gastritis in the duodenum and positive for H.Pylori. I mainly suffer from GI problems. Have mild asthma, ITP. No medications.
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 9 months ago.

Thank you for that additional information.

How can I assist you?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I am seeking your opinion on my situation. Thank you.
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 9 months ago.

Thank you for that clarification.

Well, it sounds like you have spent quite some time trying to get to the bottom of what is going on. I am sure that your previous doctors have thought of, and ruled out, all of the common and easily treatable conditions that could be causing your issues. Would you say this is a correct statement?

At this point I think the best thing for you to do would be to gather up copies of all your medical records, test results etc and travel to a large University Teaching hospital. At an institution like that you could be evaluated and treated by a team of sub-specialists who are at the cutting edge of their respective fields. The best thing about these large teaching hospitals is that consultations are available with Professors and leaders in their field by just walking a few steps down the hall.

The Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota is an excellent example of just such a place as this. That being said there are many excellent teaching hospitals all across the country and I am sure that there is one near you.

I know that it is going to take significant effort on your part, but I believe that going to one of the "Medical Mecca's" is your best chance to – finally -- get to the bottom of what is going on with your bowel movements and pain.

Does this make sense to you?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned the top rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS