Dr SH
Dr SH, Certified physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

On Friday night 12 Feb I fell on stairs in dark t the back

Customer Question

On Friday night 12 Feb I fell on stairs in dark hit the back of head. Went to bed. Next morning woke up and felt like I had a hang over. Dizzy wozzy etc. Had a few drinks that day a glass of wine ( in hind sight should note have had any drinks) next morning my left eye was moving up down rapidly and I could not stand with out felling sick. I then relized I had a concussion. My wife a nurse took BP was high but not thru the roof 165/101 we checked it all day I I stopped most activity and bed rest. BP lover now 150/95 norm for me 140/ 85. Today is Feb 17 and I still feel wozzy dizzy off and on. Have not done any physical activity since the bump on head. Eating normal all other body function normal. In Canada if I go to emerg unless I am critical ie having a grand male they will a keep for a day for observation or send me home with instructions. How long should it take for symptoms to get better?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr SH replied 9 months ago.

Thank you for your question.

I think that you should go now to the emergency.

I would have definitely done a CT scan of your head to be sure it is normal.

From what you are describing you most likely did have a concussion which takes a few days to a couple of weeks to heal up completely but I would still like to have a CT scan done in the emergency or you being examined in the emergency at the very least to rule out anything serious like a hematoma which may not cause symptoms immediately and may cause delayed symptoms.

This session is open for any further questions that you may have. The only way I am paid here by the website and the money that you have deposited is released is when you rate me.
Therefore, I would appreciate a rating.
Kindest regards

Expert:  Dr SH replied 9 months ago.

Therefore, I would appreciate a rating.
Kindest regards