Dr. Abid
Dr. Abid, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS(R)
16766337

My wife has inflamation in her right eye.. she is using

Customer Question

Hi .. My wife has inflamation in her right eye.. she is using Lotemax as per prescription but its does not seem to help.. whereas if she uses sulfacetamide..that reduces the pain ..
JA: Keeping an eye on your eyes' health is important - for most people vision is their most valued sense. Our Expert will help you with which sort of vision doctor you should visit. Please give me a bit more information, so the Opthamologist can help you best.
Customer: She complained for blurry eye and pain in her eye lids and around, that why we went to see an Ophthalmologist who prescribed Lotemax that helps in her left eye but not in right eye
JA: Is there anything else the Opthamologist should be aware of?
Customer: She also tested positive for HLB27 gene
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Opthamologist about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Eye
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I am not sure if I should continue using Lotemax or switch to Sulfacetamide. Now with the positive test of HLB2, it seems she has Uveitis but will Lotemax be of any help in Uveitis?
Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 9 months ago.

Hi there...

Thank you for your question ..

Inflammation and blurring in eye is not a good sign , it would be ideal for her to go to Eye dr for consultation , and examination so that appropriate treatment may be offered to her .

Don't put drops by yourself , examination is very important .

Good luck .

Positive feedback will be appreciated .

Thanks .