Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

Let's say you take Head & Shoulders shampoo - which

Customer Question

Let's say you take Head & Shoulders shampoo - which is somewhat oily - and put it under the direct hot blast of a hair dryer inches away. Would the heat turn it into a different, harmful chemical? specifically, harmful to eyes or neurologically harmful?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with additional services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

No. It would not.

You are safe.

Does this make sense to you?

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK, but more details ?........... what about other typical shampoo, hand soap when heated?
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.

no risk from any of them.

None at all.

You can put your anxiety behind you on this issue.

Make sense?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you can please give me the top rating in all areas. It has been a pleasure to assist you today.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks , but why - details? Chemical heating threshold?