khagihara
khagihara, Doctor (non-eye specialty)
Experience:  Trained in multiple medical fields for many years.
20084961

My name is ***** *****, and I have a clear, jelly-like mass

Customer Question

Hi. My name is ***** *****, and I have a clear, jelly-like mass on the outside corner of my left eye I think it may be a cyst but I'm not sure. And I need to know if it is safe to wear my contacts. No pain, no burning, no discharge No blood
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: What else would you like to know? It's about 1 cm wide, maybe 3-4 mm tall. Lies in the corner, along my lower lid. It's happened before, and I saw an ER ophthalmologist at Barnes Jewish Hospital in St Louis, because they were the only ones with an eye doctor on staff in the ER. It was gone on its own before I could see her
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Eye Doctors generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Eye
Expert:  khagihara replied 11 months ago.

Can you attach the photos here? Any medical problems? Any medications?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Sorry, these were the best I could do.Medical problems: Some, but nothing eye related. No high blood pressure, no high cholesterol. Some migraines. It's been exceptionally dry here, and cold. I think I got some eyeshadow in my eye yesterday and it was irritated. I wear biofinity 4 week contacts. They're currently about 2 weeks old. I use lubricating drops regularly, wash my hands religiously, and never sleep in them. On Monday morning, I woke with an eyelash in that eye and it was very red and irritated. I used the lubricating drops after removing the eyelash, and wore my glasses that day.The only medication I take regularly is ophenedrine, a kind of muscle relaxer.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Orphenedrine

It seems to be a cyst. Since you have the symptoms, you should see an eye doctor to have it removed. But it would recur.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
This is actually the second time I've had it. The first time it disappeared on its own while I was waiting to see the doctor at the ER. This one has already gone down in size significantly. I'll call my eye doctor on Monday to see what they say. I am also lucky to be in an area with some of the best eye specialists in the country, so I'll see one of those if necessary. Thank you for your help.

You are welcome. Please rate my answer. Take care.