Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology
36528250

My daughter is an athlete in college and she just texted me

Customer Question

my daughter is an athlete in college and she just texted me that she did a hand stand and her right eye went blurry then black. Then in a couple seconds it came back. She's freaking out. her right hand is shaking too but I think thats just nerves
JA: Keeping an eye on your eyes' health is important - for most people vision is their most valued sense. Our Expert will help you with which sort of vision doctor you should visit. Is there anything else the Opthamologist should be aware of?
Customer: no she doesn't have any medical issues. She plays volleyball in college. They're off season now, so the team is doing a lot of weight lifting, running etc,
JA: OK. Got it. Last thing - JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Opthamologist about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. David replied 10 months ago.

This is Dr. David

this is ok.

this is from temporary increased blood flow to the head from the hand stand causing her right eye to be blurry.

it is ok.

she will be fine.

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com