Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

Can i use pinhole glasses to pass eye exam at California

Customer Question

can i use pinhole glasses to pass eye exam at California DMV. Are there any medications you can get to reduce pupil size to improve your vision for the vision test? Only answer if you have first hand knowledge regarding pinhole glasses for passing the test.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 10 months ago.

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with additional services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

let me go over your questions in order.

1. No.

2. No.

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
would you please elaborate on your answer. Is it stated anywhere in CA code that the pinhole glasses cannot be used to pass DMV test. Do you mean that such medications do not exit or they are not available? If such mediciation to exist would they improve your vision to pass the test?

Please give positive feedback on the other question I answered for you on this topic....

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Are you saying you are not going to elaborate? If yes I would like you to opt out.