Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

I had a pacemaker put in as an emergency on July 1st 2015

Customer Question

I had a pacemaker put in as an emergency on July 1st 2015 after the pacemaker was inserted my chest was purple almost black purple like eggplant both breasts down to my stomach the incision was closed with a plastic incision week i swelled up I had an allergic reaction had to have 3 medications given to me to divert the the reaction that was given diuretics because my leg was swelling and I had visiting nurse for almost a month every time I went back to the doctor they increased my diuretic only to find out that the one they were giving me was a sulfur derivative and I'm allergic to sulfa. have no idea and no one has ever been able to explain to me why my entire chest was completely black and blue eye of the pictures to show o.o why I was so sick afterwards. my knee surgery this May had complications that my left arm swelled up so badly that my it went into my neck it's beside the place pacemaker was implanted on and I have never felt comfortable sometimes I feel like I'm getting a little electric shock over into my right chest just a little napyes that was easy. the pacemaker is a month is over year and I am constantly tired as 3 weeks before my pacemaker was placed I had a clean bill of health with a stress test I was on the table having the cardiogram done for my knee replacement when my heart rate went down to 33 it was by chance that I was there it was picked up. they did the pacemaker immediately as a result do you have any answers as to why I feel the way I do
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with additional services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

What testing have you had done?

Do you know what your recent lab test results are?

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.