Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I'm 63 female very healthy was making a ponytail arm above

Customer Question

I'm 63 female very healthy was making a ponytail arm above my head & got a shadow in lower half of left eye. Perhaps pinch a nerve in neck. I gently stretched that side out and the shadow is on in left eye far lower right corner. Need I be concerned. No others symptoms
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 10 months ago.

Hi and thanks for the query.

The nerves that supply the eye, the retina and the periorbita do not originate from the neck but come directly through the skull from the brain to supply these areas. Since, you have a blind spot in your field of vision, I would suspect retinal hemorrhage or retinal artery stroke. Such sudden blind spots are also seen in Ocular migraines, which are not headaches but sudden onset blind spots in the field of vision that last a few minutes to a couple of hours.

I would suggest that you get yourself evaluated at your physician's office at the earliest.

If you experience any other symptoms like headache, nausea, vomiting, dizziness, confusion, slurring of speech etc. then you should go to the A and E or an Urgent Care.

Hope this helps.

I only get paid for my work on this website if you rate the answer by using the star system at the top of your screen. The conversation will continue even after the rating.

Best.

Let me know if you have further questions.
Please do not forget to leave a positive rating by clicking on stars at your end.
Best.