Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the field of Family Practice
13781349

I was watching a film last night and got double vision only

Customer Question

I was watching a film last night and got double vision only no film my husband up one finger and I only saw one likewise should do everything around me in house normal and fine today I was watching film in conservatory and even television in lounge through glass doorp looked double went in to lounge after and television looked fine when I sat up and watched film I was okay l am takin gabapentin for slipped disc
Category: Eye
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 1 year ago.

Hello!

It sounds that you were able to self - correct the double vision with effort .At times if we are tired then the coordination of the left and right eye may at times lag....the gabapentin is a sedating type medicine and may contribute to this effect ....I think that the sense of double vision was only transient and self - correctable are reassuring that you do not have an eye or neurological problem.

This is commonly reported as a transient type occurrence

So this should not be anything for you to worry about in this instance ...

I hope that this information is helpful for you

Let me know if you have further questions or concerns

I will be happy to get back with you

If my answer has been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback Thank you and Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD