Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

I noticed that in a dark room, my left eye has darker vision

Customer Question

Customer: Hi Dr. ***** *****. My name is ***** ***** I noticed that in a dark room, my left eye has darker vision than my right eye. In light, both eyes seem to see the same , it's only in a darker environment. Could this be related to an early stage of cataracts?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I just noticed in a dark room, I cover my right eye and it has darker vision than when I cover my left eye and see out of it. Basically it seems like less light is coming through my left eye in a dark room.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Eye Doctors generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with additional services, such as live telephone consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

How long has this been going on?

How old are you?

Do you wear glasses or contacts?

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.