Dr. Thomas, MD
Dr. Thomas, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, also Integrative, CAM, etc
24257177

Pam. My vision in my left eye looks as if I'm looking

Customer Question

Customer: Pam. My vision in my left eye looks as if I'm looking through ripples of water
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I woke up to make breakfast and noticed it. It's mostly in the lower left field of vision
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Eye Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: it's actually in both my eyes, but worse in the left. I'm 48 and wear readers
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 11 months ago.

Hello

This symptom is typical of inflammation of the retina.

This can be from many causes.

It can also be a symptoms of retinal detachment.

Even glaucoma.

Have an immediate exam.

OK, so that is an initial answer….

Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.