Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

I have split second vision blackouts- not terribly often...

Customer Question

Customer: I have split second vision blackouts- not terribly often... once a month maybe? I also have a horrible anxiety problem and been dealing with it for awhile... It's like a light flickering or blinking just not.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I've have POTS, inappropriate sinus tach, and hoshimotos. Two eye exams have come back normal, I had it cause I was having wavy vision not steady... not so irregular that it's hard to see can still read and everything, just when i try to focus on something it seems to waver ever so slightly and I'm light sensitive, have bad after images and such. Takes my eyes awhile to adjust. regular Dr. thought this it's hormones and anxiety.. didn't tell her about this particular symptom though. I'm scared of brain tumors and mini strokes. I've had weakness and stuff too... but I have the other health issues, and was anemic and short on calcium, and potassium after the birth of my second baby in 1 year. But I havve since gotten those levels up... Two pregnancies back to back with prior anxiety history. now I have Post partum anxiety. I have had 2 neck and sinus ct scans and both have came back normal. just feel overwhelmed... and symptoms like these terrify me. (split second blackouts, wavering vision, light sensitivity, weakness, and feeling like I can't think anymore) so Anxious!
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $34) to post your type of question to Medical Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yeah
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

are you willing to take treatment to help decrease your anxiety symptoms?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
working on that now
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

what treatment are you getting?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Working through a program from a bigger town... we're pretty remote. It's sort of like a Christian 12 step program.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

you need to talk to a doctor about medical treatments for excessive anxiety.

there are proven medical treatments for anxiety which can help you, better than christian 12 step programs

are you willing to to talk to your doctor about medical treatments?

if you don't get medical treatments, you will continue to have anxiety and these symptoms.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The split second black out and wavy vision can all be from anxiety?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

yes, the split second black outs and wavy vision is all from anxiety.

you have had your eyes examined twice. they have both come back normal eye exams.

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com