Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

I have a lump on my eye socket it feels like bone on the

Customer Question

I have a lump on my eye socket it feels like bone on the bone socket of the eye it appeared and then it Seemed to go down, it's not on the other side..
Now I have another lump a bit further into my socket nearer to the nose again (tear trough) hard bone like but larger, you can't see it it's a bit tender to touch, it's not mobile. Feels like bone/attached to socket
Should I get an x-Ray
I have had ovarian cancer in the past and underwent chemotherapy. I've been having headaches but not sure if it's related
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 10 months ago.

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with additional services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

In the majority of cases metastatic lesions do not appear and then go down -- they stay and grow larger with time.

As such what you are experiencing is most likely not from your ovarian cancer.....and headaches are common and are caused by a bazillion things other then cancer.

I bet you are OK.

That being said the safest thing to do would be to consult with your oncologist and see what she thinks. After examining you she may want to do an imaging study, such as a CT scan, or she may just watch things.

From what you have told me, however, I think you will be fine

Does this make sense to you?

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS