Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MS Ophthalmology with 13 years of surgical expereince
25407765

Got colorant 2 hair dye in my eye washed it out still burns

Customer Question

Customer: got colorant 2 hair dye in my eye washed it out still burns slightly what more can i do
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: dying my hair with the hair dye ash got some in my eye based it still burning what more can I do not ash ( and )
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Eye Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. A.S. Desai replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the question.

It is good to know that you have washed your eye immediately as this is the first thing one must do in the event of such an incident. The eye wash ensures that most of the irritant gets washed out of the eye and thus the ensuing signs and symptoms can be reduced. Some amount of irritation of the eye is bound to occur as there is a mild chemical reaction which gets incited. However this would subside gradually over the next few hours to a day. You can use OTC available artificial eye drops such as Refresh tears eye drops and use it 4-6 times a day. Just in case you notice any persistent irritation of the eye along with severe redness, pain, watering or blurring of vision then do get your eye examined by your ophthalmologist for a closer look.

If you need more help, please use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If you do not require further assistance, kindly rate my service.

Thank you and best wishes.

It was a pleasure to have answered this question.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Views expressed are for information purpose only and cannot substitute a visit to an ophthalmologist

Experts are available for advice in modes other than chat and Q&A such as confidential mail/chat, Phone, Skype also. You can avail these with additional offer.