Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology
36528250

ReQuia I had been having symptoms of what I thought was an

Customer Question

Customer: ReQuia I had been having symptoms of what I thought was an issue with my thyroid. After going to my PCP and getting blood work completed I was told that there was nothing wrong with my Thyroid (other than small nodules) and the symptoms (anxiety, fatigue, etc.) were treated separately. However I still thought there was an issue...so I decided to go an eye specialist since I have large bulging eyes to see if they could come up with something else. Thyroid was ruled out again and I am currently scheduled for a CT and blood work to rule out Graves. The Dr. thinks the real issue is simply my genetic makeup...so my eye sockets are small but my eyeballs are larger....and that is causing the bulging since they don't fit correctly. My question is what can be done about that? It is affecting my vision due to strain. I have currently only been giving a diagnosis of Proptosis.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: My main concern was the bulge...but even though it is not my Thyroid I still do not have the warm and fuzzies because I don't know what can be done about my genetic make-up that makes my eyes not fit my socket.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Eye Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Eye
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.

Hello

What was your exact TSH value