Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MS Ophthalmology with 13 years of surgical expereince
25407765

My left eye feels like it's pushing out or pressure. It is

Customer Question

My left eye feels like it's pushing out or pressure. It is hard to open my eye completely. It's foggy too
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. A.S. Desai replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the question.

I need a few clarifications here.

I need to know your age. Any known history of hypertension or diabetes?

If you keep both eyes open is there any double vision?

How much of the left eye is covered by the upper eyelid.......or does the left eye appear to be smaller or narrower?

Since how many days have you noticed this.

This is just an information request and I look forward to your replies.

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm a female 33 years old. My father has type 2 diabetes but not me.I'm not sure if it's double vision as much as it is foggy and uncomfortable. Maybe a little double vision.Left eye looks normal when open but it's swollen and you can see it when I close my eyes. I'll include a picture.It's been 2-3 days but very uncomfortable and more blurry since yesterday.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here is a picture with my eyes closed
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did you receive my message?

Sorry for the delay in replying back. Will get back in a moment.

I did see the images and it looks more like an allergic reaction with the mild periorbital puffinesd which is preventing complete eye opening. Fogginess in vision might be related to tear film instability. In the absence of redness or pain the eye it is unlikely to be an infection or inflammation in the eye

It would help to give cool compresses and use OTC available anti allergy eye drops such as Zaditor, 1 drop twice a day for about 2 weeks. In addition to this you can use artificial tear drops to overcome tear film issues. Such as Refresh tears eye drops , 1 drop 4 times a day.

In the event of persistent or worsening of symptoms or presence if new symptoms such as acute pain or redness, do get your eye examined by an ophthalmologist fir a closer look.

Before I complete my answer I would like to compliment that you look absolutely beautiful.

Thank you and best wishes.

If the above answer is upto your satisfaction then do remember to rate it positively.

I noticed that you have neither viewed the answer nor replied back. Is there something else that you need to ask or clarify? Were you looking for something else in the answer? Please let me know. I look forward to your reply.

However please do remember to rate the answer if your question has been answered satisfactorily.

Thanks and best wishes

Dr.A.S.Desai