Dr. Abid
Dr. Abid, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS(R)
16766337

I had cataract surgery and got a violent head ache and

Customer Question

Customer: ***** ***** I had cataract surgery and got a violent head ache and nausea, turns out lens fragments had been left in my eye causing high pressure. Went back had surgery to remove the fragments, now the tell me the lens "has moved" and I will need more surgery to correct this. Is any of this common? I don't know if I want to trust this surgeon.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I'm not sure how much more detailed I can get.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Eye Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 1 year ago.

Hi there ...

Thank you for your question ...

Lens displacement is a rare complication of cataract surgery and can occur post operative period , so if eye surgeon is asking for that definitely there will be issue with lens displacement .

So it would be ideal for you to have fix it , to avoid future issues .

Sometime post op rubbing eye , tearing could be the reason , so try to fix it .

Good luck .

Please leave positive feedback for me .

Thanks .