Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MS Ophthalmology with 13 years of surgical expereince
25407765

Didn't realize this was an interactive site I do have a

Customer Question

Customer: ***** *****. Didn't realize this was an interactive site I do have a concern. I am in Las Vegas where it is dry but for some reason I woke up with blurry vision in my right eye. I do wear prescription glasses but it doesn't matter. Still blurry.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Just bought some eye drops to see if that clears it up, seems to help with the so called droopiness but didnt correct my vision.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Eye Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. A.S. Desai replied 11 months ago.

Thank you for the question.

I need a few more details to answer you query.

I need to know your age. Is there any history of Diabetes Mellitus ?

Is the blurring of vision both for distance ( 6 metres and above) and near ( 14 inches for reading) ?

Have you noticed any flashes of light or floaters also?

Have you noticed any change in color perception?

What eye drops have you used for this?

I look forward to your replies. This is an information request.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I am 32 years old. No history of diabetes. Just right eye for blurry vision and within 14 inches for reading. No flashing lights or floaters. I think the eye is just strained. The eye drops I used was refresh optive advanced. Just had an eye exam last week and nothing was going on according to the doc.

Thank you for the prompt reply and additional information.

One of the reasons for such a sudden onset of blurring of vision in an otherwise healthy eye is presence of dry eyes( Refresh eye drops will help) or presence of corneal edema in case you have rubbed the vigorously ( subconsciously) . This can cause microdefects in the cornea and cause it to retain water and thus blurring of vision. Sodium Chloride 5% eye drops are beneficial in such a case. It is available OTC as Muro 128 5% eye drops, 1 drop 4 times a day. However in case the blurring does not subside by 2-3 days of this, then do get your eye examined by your ophthalmologist for a closer look.

Thank you and best wishes