Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the field of Family Practice
13781349

I had to short episode I a shimmering crescent in my outside

Customer Question

I had to short episode I a shimmering crescent in my outside vision in both eyes. I have a history of a surg repaired retinal wrinkle
Category: Eye
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 11 months ago.

I think a key aspect to your symptoms is that it was transient in nature. It sounds that you may have had symptoms related to an ocular migraine perhaps. The migraine is a usually a type of headache but it may have a phase causing vasular constriction and this may include visual symptoms such as you describe. These may later resolve on their own. This sounds more of what may have happened in your case. Ask your doctor to review this symptom and consider this at your next visit. See an opthalmologist if you should develop ONGOING visual symptoms though...

I hope that this information is helpful for you! Let me know if you have further questions. I will be happy to get back with you! If my answer has been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback. Thank you and Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD