Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

Name is ***** *****. I have been squinting REALLY bad 4

Customer Question

Customer: Hi, name is ***** *****. I have been squinting REALLY bad for about 4 years and have been to several doctors. I went to USC and they tested me and said I have really dry eyes but I couldn't follow up because I went through a divorce and now I hane no insurance
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The pressure in both my eyes is bad and both eyes feel exactly the same. I squint so bad constantly and it hurts so bad. At one point about 4 years ago when I went to bed, I could NOT keep my eyes closed, I was awake all night but it only happened that one time, thank God
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Eye Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Id be willing to wait ALL day, I cant handle this, it makes me want to die and the creases on my forehead are horrible
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. David replied 11 months ago.

This is Dr. David

have you used over the counter moisturizing eye drops if your eyes are so dry?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
USC gave me prescription drops and they didn't help. I would like to know why that one night when I went to bed I COULD NOT keep my eyes closed, they just kept popping open. A
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
WHAT is causing the horrible pressure

you could have been having bad swelling of your eye lids which can make it difficult to close your eyes.

you could have severe allergic inflammation of your eyes

you might need steroid eye drops to help calm down inflammation.

you could have a chronic dry eye condition.

you could have an autoimmune disorder where your body is making antibodies against your eyes. SJorgren's syndrome is one condition where your body makes antibodies to your eyes and can cause dry eyes and dry nose and dry mouth

there are blood tests which can look for sjorgren's syndrome.

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com