Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

Well I was just browsing but since you popped up I will go

Customer Question

Customer: Well I was just browsing but since you popped up I will go ahead with my question. I had laser procedure for a retinal tear 1 week ago today. Doing okay except for a little dark spot in periphery which has been unchanged since procedure. I was told this was from the laser. I am traveling to Canada for New Years on Sunday (day 10 post procedure). I am anxious that if I have a detached retina for some reason when I am out of the country, I would likely try to get back home at once by plane (to Louisiana) versus the other option of having an emergent surgical procedure out of state and being restricted from flying. Would flying make the detachment worse in any way. I would contact my doctor at home immediately for further plans. I am looking forward to this trip but this is still concerning to me Thanks, Patti
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I guess I just want to know is what would be the best course of action if I have a detachment when I am out of the country in Canada if in all likelihood I could get on a plane at once to get back home? Hopefully this is only a "what if"?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Eye Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: OK . Can I check back every few minutes? Have to feed dogs, etc. Would pay that fee for reassurance.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Eye
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Please void this and do not charge me I had no idea this was a subscription service and I have no need for ongoing eye issues questions.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 11 months ago.

This is Dr. David

you don't have a detached retina

this black spot is from the laser procedure.

if your eye surgeon has cleared you to fly on New Years, you will be fine to fly

if your vision is good and you don't have large black areas in your vision, you are not having detachment of your retina

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com