Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I have redness in the inner of my left eye. It has gone

Customer Question

I have redness in the inner white of my left eye. It has gone through a few stages including beginning as a grey spot, becoming a collection of small red vessels extending to my iris and then expanding into a more significant blurred red area. Then it faded a bit and I thought it was gone. I have woken up again with more red vessels.
I'm not feeling anything and my vision is not affected.
I did try to manage the redness with Visine Total to avoid it being noticed at work.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 11 months ago.

Hi and thanks for the query.

This is characteristic of corneal ulceration. This is caused by eye dryness, trauma by foreign body, rubbing, use of contact lenses etc.

You should see an Ophthalmologist as soon as possible for an examination and initiation of treatment. The treatment is with lubrication and steroid eye drops. Mean while, I would suggest that you do not rub the eye and avoid wearing contact lenses if you do.

Hope this helps.
Please do leave a positive rating for the service.

Let me know if you have any queries, related to this.

Best wishes.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Is there any OTC product I can purchase for my treatment?
I do not wear contacts.I am currently traveling and additionally cannot get an appointment until mid January, hence my reach out in this form. Is this a condition that will heal on it's own or is there a threat of it worsening?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Could my attempt to use Visine Total for the redness have caused the issue to rebound?

Thanks for reply,

You can use prednisolone acetate opthalmic, it would decrease inflammation and would improve symptoms.If it does not improve in a day or two you must see a doctor so that any complication can be avoided. It would be best to see an ophthalmologist as soon as possible to rule out any bacterial infection and antibiotics prescription if needed. Visine total should help. it has no connection with recurrence.

Please do leave a positive rating.

Best.

let me know if you have further questions.