Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

I have a grey circle in my vision around the center. On an

Customer Question

Customer: ***** ***** I have a grey circle in my vision around the center. On an amsler chart I can see the middle though my opthamalagist did not find anything on an exam, and said to wait a couple weeks if it clears up, However, I wanted to go see a retinal specialist.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Sure
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Eye Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: In my right eye, I see grey/light grey areas around the center. These do not move, like floaters. I have pretty poor vision, and am very nearsighted. When I close my eyes, the the area that was grey is now light filled - kind of like a negative of the positive... my eye does not hurt or anything. I did have my eyes dilated, and my dr looked, he also did a macular test and everything was normal
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Eye
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my email address is***@******.***
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

I am a retina specialist.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with additional services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

How long has this been present?

Are there any defects on the amsler grid at all?

Is your vision good with your newest glasses on?

Does this grey spot interfere or decrease your vision?

Do you have any other ocular or medical problems or take any medications?

How old are you?

M/F?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.